I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. Here are some of the most interesting things I’ve found recently (as of December 9th). You can join the conversations in the comments, or click through to the original posts to find what others are saying.
- Who Tweets? – Pew Research Center – "Eight percent of the American adults who use the internet are Twitter users. It is an online activity that is particularly popular with young adults, minorities, and those who live in cities. This is the first-ever survey reading from the Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project that exclusively examines Twitter users. In previous surveys, the Pew Internet Project had asked internet users whether they "used Twitter or another service to share updates about yourself or to see updates about others?""
- Free Access: Nonprofit Tagline Database & Report | Nonprofit Marketing | Getting Attention – "Don't miss the just-released, all-new Nonprofit Tagline Database with 4,800+ organizational, program, fundraising campaign and special event taglines. The Database, together with the fully-updated 2011 Nonprofit Tagline Report, are key tools in in crafting taglines, organization names and other messages that connect and motivate action. Get the Tagline Database and Report!"
- 2010 Comparing Open Source Content Management Systems: WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Plone | Idealware – "We've taken our popular 2009 report comparing four free and open source systems — WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and Plone — that can help you to build and manage a website, and completely updated it to the newest versions of the systems. We provide both a feature summary and detailed reviews, as well as a directory of consultants. Which are easiest to use? Which provide the most flexibility in setting up your website? Which provide the strongest features for website community features, workflow, or ease of maintenance? This 82-page report answers these questions and many, many more! The report also includes our new directory of consultants and designers who help nonprofits implement these Content Management Systems."
- Open for Action — A blog for OpenAction thoughts and musings – "Not sure about you, but we’re saying finally! We’ve been behind the scenes since May listening to customers and building features. We have been working hard on an application that can help communities enhance the way they engage their members and create discoverability within their community." Check out OpenAction's newly launched platform, read about work they've done with Acumen Fund, Ashoka and others, and share your thoughts! Would love to hear your reactions.
- The Ultimate Go-To Resource on Mobile Data Collection (and growing…) | MobileActive.org – "Want to use mobiles for data collection? Don't know where to start your research or where to read evaluations of existing and past mobile data collection efforts? You're in luck! We've produced the resource guide you've been waiting for."