I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. Here are some of the most interesting things I’ve found recently (as of March 17th). You can join the conversations in the comments, or click through to the original posts to find what others are saying.
- Cause Global: Social Media for Social Change: Crowdsourcing Social Change – Marcia Stepanek has a terrific recap of our sxsw Crowdsourcing session with quotes and links to the case studies we shared. Thanks for the post, Marcia!
- 501derful.org – SXSW Crowdsourcing Re-Cap – Here's a wrap up from the Crowdsourcing Innovative Social Change panel from SXSW. Dave was a fellow panelist.
- A Few Reflections from SXSW Crowdsourcing Panel – Beth's Blog – Beth has a great round up of links and reflections from our sxsw session called Crowdsourcing Innovative Social Change. Her round up includes the slides we used in the session as well.
- 10 Questions for Camfed — Camfed International – Jordan Ridge and Kristy Green will be traveling to northern Zambia this week to meet students, filmakers, and young entrepreneurs in the communities where Camfed works – and you can go with them! Submit a question by Thursday, March 18th and 10 questions will be answered by Jordan and Kristy. Submit today!
- Facebook protest isn't enough. Selma vets and young activists must share lessons. – Here's an interesting piece from Paul Lamb in the Christian Science Monitor: "A Facebook protest or online petition is not the same as a sit-in or hunger strike. As activism re-invents itself, the experience of the older generations and the innovations of the young each have something to offer."