The January #4Change Twitter Chat will focus on the use of Twitter and other social media tools in campaigning.
About the Topic
Campaigning can mean many different things and we want to keep the definition of the topic fairly open for this chat, in order to keep insights, resources and conversation in the Q/A format as open to valuable input as possible. Here are some ways that campaigning can be framed for the purpose of this chat:
- moving canvassing door to door to online networks
- political action
- local community building
- tying communications, partners, and actions together via social media
- social change projects or programs locally or globally
The way we examine the use of social media in campaigning can be further framed in some of these ways:
- change campaigns (internal vs external), also organization type variations
- social media change campaigns (specific nuances)
- change campaigns vs political campaigns (similarities vs differences)
- educational campaigns (organizational / institutional / internet) riffing off of last month’s topic
- building campaign coalitions & recruiting campaign champions
How to Participate
Share your ideas now:
You can share your ideas about the topic as well as any resources, case studies, examples, research etc. by leaving a comment on this blog post. Or, you can tag your resources or posts using Delicious with the tag “4change” and we’ll pick it up for you.
Join the Twitter chat:
- If you want to contribute to the conversation, you’ll need to have a twitter account (it’s free).
- To follow the conversation (whether you are planning to contribute or not), use http://search.twitter.com or another application to search on Twitter for #4Change
- Jump in to the conversation by adding
#4Changeto your Twitter message
- Feeling brave? Check out TweetChat – it’s a great application that integrates with your Twitter account and makes chats more fun! You can turn it off after the chat.
Rules for #4Change Chat
- #4Change will be structured around a series of questions which all participants can respond to. Send your questions to @memeshift to have them considered.
- Introduce yourself in 1 tweet at the start or when you join.
- Stay on topic!
- Be cool.
- Date: January, 14th 2010
- When: 2 – 4 pm US Pacific Time, 5 – 7 pm US Eastern Time, 10pm – 12am London, UK (Late!)
- Where: Twitter (search for #4Change)
- Topic: Campaigning: How is social/new media affecting the the way we build and conduct campaigns? and more!
We’ll update this post with specific questions to be asked during the chat and will capture resources and conversations from the chat, too. Send us your ideas!