Today, 12for12k is holding a 24-hour video tweetathon to help raise funds for this month’s charity and end the first six months of operations in style!
Some of the events include:
- Using Tinychat to broadcast multiple live streams, chats, interviews and guest panels.
- Special comedy skits including Soul Possum and a New York comedy troupe.
- Special event by the Looking Glass girls.
- Awesome business webinar by Amanda Hite and her cool Talent Revolution team.
- Special musical performances by some interesting guests (under discussion).
- Giveaways, call-ins, co-host duties from Aronado and more.
These are just some of the ideas and confirmed events already in place—watch for more updates soon!
The event itself will kick off at 10.00am on Monday June 29 Eastern timezone. Details of the video stream, as well as other special events taking place, will be released as confirmed. To make sure you get the latest updates, you can always follow 12for12k on Twitter or the 12for12k hashtag. Additionally, join the 12for12k Facebook group for updates as they happen.
Join the fun on Monday or Tuesday and help 12for12K end the June charity and the first six months of 12for12k in style, and lead off into the second half of our challenge.
The 12for12k Challenge is the combination of social media and fund-raising that aims to change the lives of millions worldwide. Its aim is to raise a minimum of $144,000 for 12 charities over the course of 2009, with a new charity being supported every month. All proceeds raised go directly to the chosen charities.