I’m so excited to see a Mobile Tech 4 Change event coming to London – but super disappointed I can’t be here to participate (I’ll be at N2Y4 Mobile Challenge Conference in San Jose). If you are interested in mobile technology and its application for social change projects, this is definitely an event to check out. It is barcamp style, so come with your questions and topics you want to talk about; come meet lots of others interested in leveraging mobile technology for change and collaborate! More information is below – REGISTER here.
What is Mobile Tech 4 Social Change?
Mobile Tech 4 Social Change Barcamps are local events for people passionate about using mobile technology for social impact and to make the world a better place.
Each event includes
- interactive discussions
- collaborations about ways to use, deploy, develop and promote mobile technology in health, advocacy, economic development, environment, human rights, citizen media, to name a few areas.
Participants for Mobile Tech 4 Social Change barcamps include nonprofits, mobile app developers, researchers, donors, intermediary organizations, and mobile operators.
In short, Mobile Tech 4 Social Change camp is:
- A one-day event in London on May 23, 2009 at Vodafone
- An exploration of mobile technology to advance social development and social change goals
- Participatory and interactive
- Is open to anyone with passion and interest in the topic