N2Y4’s Mobile Challenge calls for your world-changing ideas of how mobile applications can help citizens, groups and others create a better world for everybody.
Submissions are now open for your mobile Projects but the deadline is April 3rd, so get yours in today!
How it Works
NetSquared and our Challenge Sponsors invite submissions of innovations in mobile technologies for use by civil society. Through a NetSquared Community vote, 14 Featured Projects will be selected to participate in this year’s NetSquared Conference (link to conference page). Two representatives from each of the 15 Featured Projects will be invited to present their ideas in person at N2Y4, May 26-27, 2009 and compete for cash prizes.
The Conference provides participants an opportunity to attend interactive sessions facilitated by leaders working at the cross-roads of technology and social change; create new collaborations, and participate in a uniquely democratic approach to funding innovation through the Project voting process.
The top 3 Finalists will be selected by conference attendees, and announced May 27 at N2Y4. $50,000 of funding will be distributed among 14 Featured Projects. First place $25,000, Second Place $15,000 and Third Place $10,000. All 14 Projects will receive complimentary airfare and accommodations at the event.
How to Apply
Four Easy Steps to Participate:
- Register and/or Login
- Click on Username
- Click on “Submit a Project to the Project Gallery” under My Project Idea
- Select “N2Y4” from the Prize Tag menu located below Additional Cause Area Tags on the Submission Form
If you already have a Project in NetSquared’s Project Gallery that you would like to submit to this year’s Innovation Challenge, here’s how:
- Visit your Project Page by clicking on your username and following the link to My Project Idea
- Click the “Edit” tab on your Project and select the corresponding “Prize Tag”
- Edit your Project information for relevancy and save