These are my links for January 6th through January 8th:
- The Power of Us: Re-Imagine Media | Changemakers – "Join We Media and Ashoka’s Changemakers in the search to find the best new ideas for inspiring a better world through media and technology. We are looking for business and non-profit venture ideas and will award $50,000 in seed funding to the innovators who can bring the best ideas to life."
- Social Media ROI | Janet Fouts – Janet Fouts has a great post discussing ROI for social media use. It's often a hard thing to wrap our minds around because so much of social media doesn't provide straightforward numbers.
- 40+ Inspirational Non-Profit Website Designs – Is a website redesign in your organization's 2009 plan? Check out some great designs that could get you thinking!
- 2008 Online Giving Trends – Connections – Want to compare your 2008 numbers/results to other organizations? Check out this post which "shares some very early online giving trends from Blackbaud clients. This information comes from approximately 2,000 nonprofit organizations using Blackbaud's Internet solutions."
- See3 | Telling Your Story – Check out this resource from See3 – "this 7-part introduction is designed to get you thinking about online video, and to get you started on the path toward becoming a more web-centric organization."
- The Collective Power of Individuals – BusinessWeek – Thinking Twitter? "That’s why businesses that are successful on Twitter have a human face. Where once a brand could tell consumers what to think (even if it was that their product was good for you), top down, authoritarian monologues don't cut it in this world."
- Help create the world’s first mass inaugural address! – On this site, you can write, edit & remix each other's words – along with those of the past years' presidents – to create an inaugural that reflects your collective viewpoint. The top-rated version at the end will be published on inauguration day at Slate.com!
- Change Begins With Me – Check out Case Foundation's new challenge – submit your 250 character or less commitment or be inspired by what others have submitted!
Great reads from January 6th through January 8th