These are some links I wanted to share from October 31st. Find me on Delicious for more!
- eMetrics Panel Slides, Notes, and Blog Posts: ROI of Blogging, Twitter, and Digg for Nonprofits – Beth posted a wonderful collection of slides and ideas. ROI (return on investment) is often a tricky thing for individuals and organizations to understand when it comes to social media tools. Check it out!
- What the Council on Foundations Should Have Said to Its Members – The Editors at the Nonprofit Quarterly have posted a challenge to the Council on Foundations, rewriting the letter COF distributed earlier this month. What do you think should be the response of foundations in our current economic crisis? Weigh in on the blog.
- Developing a Social Media Plan: Lessons from Election 2008 – Lauren-Glenn Davitian, from the CCTV Center for Media and Democracy, highlights examples from the political sector using social media that could give you and your organization ideas.
- Generating Buzz: Using Social Media to Drive Website Traffic – Danielle Brigida, of the National Wildlife Federation, offers some terrific lessons learned on leveraging social media tools to get your organization and your organization's message out there!
- Join the 29-Day Giving Challenge with Me Oct 30-Thanksgiving – Britt Bravo is always an inspiring voice and I encourage you to participate with her in 29 days of giving! Think of what can you can learn from a month of giving 🙂
- 33+ Ways to Take Action On Twitter! – Do you use Twitter? Have you heard of Social Actions (http://socialactions.com/)? Here is a great way to stay up to date on current social actions in the area/s you are most passionate about via Twitter!
Great reads from October 31st