As the Membership Director at NTEN, and as a speaker at this year’s SXSW Interactive, I hope to be able to connect with all of you that may be coming to Austin for the festival or based in the Austin area. I’ll be joined by NTEN’s Community Manager, Sarah Janczak, too. We hope you’ll introduce yourself, say hello, and even sit and chat with us a bit about what you’re working on. Where will we be? We hope we’re easy to find: we will be using the Beacon Lounge as our go-to, chill-out, home-base spot throughout the conference. We may even have some fun in store for you!
Connect with NTEN
Sarah and I, in typical NTEN fashion, will be sure to bring some NTEN swag and are hoping to connect with as many of you as possible! The Beacon Lounge will be our home-base, and here are some of the fun things they have planned to make it your home-base, too:
Daily Events in the Lounge include:
- Breakfast from 9-11: Get your morning buzz on with coffee and food sponsored by The Colorado Health Foundation
- Lunch from 12-2: Refuel your stomach and mind with lunch brought to you by Convio. Fork over your lunch money to a local Austin organization and Convio will match your donation!
- Happy Hour from 3-6: Get your afternoon buzz on with snacks, beer, and live music to benefit Sweet Relief Musicians Fundsponsored by Salsa
Daily Musings in the Lounge include:
- Photo Gallery from PhotoPhilanthropy – browse art that drives action for social change
- Sketchnotes by Mike Rhode
- Play Hard, Do Good T-Shirts from Goodthreads with art by Mike Rhode – snag yours with a donation to Sweet Relief Musicians Fund
In addition, they’ll have special events on a daily basis including a book reading from “Story Wars” by Jonah Sachs and meet-ups from the good folks at Salsa, the Colorado Health Foundation, PhotoPhilanthropy, Convio, Legacy, and us (NTEN).
NTEN Meetup in the Beacon Lounge
Mark your calendars for Monday, March 12th, at 11 am for the NTEN meetup in the Lounge. We will share more details before SXSW, but for now we will give you a hint: anyone who loves Twitter so much they’ve thought of writing a sonet, or so wowed by Google+ they want to write an ode may be at an advantage! And, yes, there will be prizes.
NTEN Community Series: Austin
If you’re going to be in Austin for SXSW or are a local nonprofit organization, we hope you’ll also participate in the first of our Community Series events for 2012, taking place in Austin on March 9th. Get the full details and reserve your spot today!