I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. Here are some of the most interesting things I’ve found recently (as of May 16th). You can join the conversations in the comments, or click through to the original posts to find what others are saying.
- Open Source Zanby Announcement | Zanby.com – I'm so very excited to see this group/community platform go open source! If you aren't familiary with Zanby, I encourage you to read the news and check out the platform today! "As of May 13, 2011, we are releasing the code for our community software platform, the Zanby Enterprise Group Family System, under a GPLv3 license. We are also launching a community to encourage software developers to collaborate with us to evolve and improve the Zanby codebase. We hope you will join us."
- Nonprofit Uses QR Code, Quora to Make Cause Marketing More Transparent | Cause marketing for nonprofits – Here is a really interesting case study where an organization is using both a QR code and the answer platform Quora to engage and inform supporters. "This month my fellow Dummies writer Joanna MacDonald and I are putting Quora to the test with a QR code on our latest pinup that will be sold at iParty and Fuddruckers locations throughout New England. Trying scanning this QR code with the QR reader on your smartphone. When consumers scan the code with their smartphones (try it yourself!) it takes them to this Quora page where they can comment or ask a question about the campaign. We plan to monitor the page regularly so we can answer questions quickly and accurately."
- How To Use Hashtags on Twitter to Spread, Share and Organize Information | Movements.org – Looking for a resource on hashtags, what they mean, how to use them, and how to really get value from them? Look no further! This is a great run down that you can share with colleagues or reference yourself as you dive into the world of Twitter, join a twitter chat, or start swimming in the stream of real-time information!
- Hey Admins, Get A Load Of The New Pages Dashboard – "Facebook has added some more organization for administrators, in the form of a new dashboard that shows complete details about all of the pages an admin manages. A tab labeled pages now appears on the home page, in the left-hand set of navigation links…"
- Demand Dignity: Amplifying Voices Across Multiple Platforms | MobileActive.org – "Amnesty International has launched a campaign to amplify the voices of poor people around the world. Demand Dignity is an economic, cultural, and social rights campaign for the organization and the online platform, DemandDignity.org, was launched in May 2009. Since then, the site has collected 57,384 comments, or “voices,” from people around the world, via SMS, Twitter, and on the Demand Dignity website. "