We just wrapped up another rousing Community Builder chat – I’m always so energized and inspired by these chats and thankful for all those that participate and share.
This month’s chat focused mainly on sharing lessons and examples from the 2011 Nonprofit Technology Conference, which took place in Washington, DC, last week. Some of the topics from the chat include:
- Engaging specific ethnic groups/communities
- Using content to fuel community engagement
- Engagement for advocacy vs non-advocacy organizations
- Hyper-local communities
- Contests to encourage content sharing
- Social media in CRMs
It was a rich conversation, so I haven’t tried to pull out specific quotes. You can read through the full archive here.
Join the next #CommBuild chat:
- Date: Thursday, April 28th
- Time: 4 pm EST (1 hour)
- Topic: Community Building, of course!
- Location: Launch the chat here (not live until the chat starts)
About the CommBuild Chat:
These monthly chats originated out of the #4Change network and are open to anyone interested in learning and sharing about building community, on and offline, with the use of social media or other technology tools. If you have a topic or question you’d like to explore in an upcoming chat, feel free to let me know anytime!