I come across so many great conversations, ideas, and resources all over the web every day. Here are some of the most interesting things I’ve found recently (as of January 7th). You can join the conversations in the comments, or click through to the original posts to find what others are saying.
- UNICEF Haiti365 – Be Their Voice – I'm really excited to see this new campaign from UNICEF – focused on the children in Haiti, and building on a multimedia effort to move people into engagement. "Haiti 365 will continue to evolve as more people create videos and sign-up to show their support. This project, housed on a social media enhanced micro-site allows people to commit to a year of service via an email sign up. This means throughout the year we will ask them to help send messages to the government to keep the focus in Haiti on the children, we'll update members on progress or specific needs and we'll also engage them in outreach when needed. The most touching piece of this campaign is the ability to read and share a constantly changing selection of stories and anecdotes from the children themselves."
- Why I'm dancing: The Point + Groupon = G-team – My Social Actions – I'm really excited about the news Christine shared on the Social Actions blog: the potential being harnessed by Groupon/The Point to get social impact into the stream of success that Groupon has created. Check it out! "So I'm especially thrilled to see Groupon announce the launch of G-team, an experiment in complementing Groupon's deals with The Point-type campaigns. The sky is clearly the limit in coming up with creative ways to tack social actions campaigns onto Groupon deals. Take a look at the examples on the G-team page and let your imagination run wild."
- MLK2011 – Join Us Live! – "Get HandsOn! and join HandsOn Network and your community in leading deliberate dialogues that turns conversation into action. Don't forget to tell us about your conversation!" Check out these excellent opportunities for turning MLK Day into a day for igniting important, purposeful conversations in your community. What will you be doing on January 17th – I'd love to hear your plans for making the holiday a day of action!
- Animoto – For a Cause – "How can we help your cause? Animoto supports not-for-profits and other humanitarian causes with free pro accounts." Thanks to Stacey Monk for the tip that Animoto let's nonprofits apply for free pro accounts – looking for a tool to help with your video storytelling, multimedia fundraising and more? Check out Animoto!
- Ten for Ten: Philanthropy from 2010-2020 (December 20, 2010) | Opinion Blog | Stanford Social Innovation Review – "Earlier this year, I took a look back at my decade of predictions, 1999-2009. You can find that online here. I’ve also published my annual forecast for what will matter in philanthropy and social investing in 2011—you can find that online here (use the special SSIR discount code). With this post I’m going to take a slightly different tack on the end-of-year ritual top 10 lists. Rather than focus in (anymore than the buzzwords list already does) on the top 10 of the year gone by, let’s think about the factors that will shape philanthropy for the decade ahead."