Education and it’s discontents are being changed by new ways of learning – much of it by new ways of creating, sharing and validating information and knowledge online. Tools and methods are being customized, adapted and remixed for various educational contexts. Classrooms are no longer bound by geography. But there are still barriers, still challenges – some of which we may not be able to predict. How can we attend to these?
This chat will cover the changing role(s) of teachers, institutions and learners – and how they are affected and transformed by new/social media.
- Date: December, 10th 2009
- When: 2 – 4 pm US Pacific Time, 5 – 7 pm US Eastern Time, 10pm – 12am London, UK (Late!)
- Where: Twitter (search for #4Change)
- Topic: Education: How is social/new media affecting the future of education?
Join the Conversation!
If you want to contribute to the conversation, you’ll need to have a twitter account (it’s free).
- To follow the conversation (whether you are planning to contribute or not), use http://search.twitter.com or another application to search on Twitter for #4Change
- Jump in to the conversation by adding #4Change to your Twitter message
- Feeling brave? Check out TweetChat – it’s a great application that integrates with your Twitter account and makes chats more fun! You can turn it off after the chat.