“Together we are…LOUDER!” It’s true! And that’s the leading tag for a new campaigning platform called Louder. The platform just hit open beta today, so create an account and start playing (hey, it’s Friday, right?). You can create your own campaigns with unique URLs, add all kinds of media, and then start campaigning for change!
LOUDER will be the new online home for campaigners. The free and accessible site draws together a range of social media tools for people who want to change the world.
Through Louder you will be able to create a microsite for your campaign with the most used ‘change-tools’ the web has to offer. You will be able to connect to and manage profiles on other social media sites helping you coordinate supporter action.
To help make your campaign louder you will be able to connect up with other campaigns and those running them. Providing a much needed online space for campaigners, from international NGOs to grass roots activists, to link up collaborate and share experiences.
Why I like Louder:
I’ve been playing around with the new platform a bit and am quite excited about it. I think it has a lot of potential to join with campaigning tools like Fairsay’s tool for Plone and collaborative tools like Zanby.
I like that Louder…
- lets you create and distribute content all over the web
- bring in content you create elsewhere
- lets you work on a campaign without everything being “live”
- uses a straightforward process to set up modules and then drag/drop to design your page
- is being developed by folks IN the nonprofit and campaigning for change sector, so they “get it” already
LOUDER is in a “progressive beta” phase now and is working fast and furiously to built out more and more functionality for campaigners. You can visit their roadmap to see what’s in the pipeline of development and share your ideas about what you’d like the platform to do for you.
Some things currently in the works include:
- Newslist and newsletter management
- Email MPs/MEPs/Councillors and other influential people
- Contact management tools
- Collaborative tools for planning campaigns
- The ability to connect to Facebook accounts
What do you think?
What are you waiting for? Go check out LOUDER now!
And let me know what you think, too 🙂