The next #4change chat is this Thursday – I hope you can join us!
- Date: August, 13th
- Where: Twitter (search for #4Change)
- When: 5 – 7 pm US Eastern Time
- Topic: How do social media open new doors for collaboration (especially internationally)?
Starting the Conversations
Unfortunately for me, I will unable to join the chat this Thursday; so, I’d like to offer some conversation starters now to get you thinking of questions, ideas, and stories you want to share!
Here are some questions to consider:
- has your organization found new collaborators (other organizations, companies, networks, etc.) for your work via social media use/presence?
- have you reached out, either as an individual or an organization, with opportunities to collaborate to others you only connected with via social media? why?
- what issues are unique to collaborations of this type?
- what kind of reassurances (and what are the mechanisms for providing them) are unique to parties entering collaborations via social media?
- how could collaborations enabled or maintained via social media be more or less sustainable than traditional tools/outlets?
And here are some examples to consider:
- SocialActions – a great example of social media powering the sharing and aggregation (and thus the collaboration and partnership) of social action opportunity portals all over the world
- Amnesty International, Red Cross, and others – organizers working globally/locally have changed the way they campaign or operate now that they are really in the same space (online)
- Journalism – writers are now using their social media platforms (whether it’s Twitter or Facebook, or even the newspaper’s comment-enabled websites) to collaborate with witnesses, locals, and experts for their contributions to the story
- If you want to contribute to the conversation, you’ll need to have a twitter account (it’s free).
- To follow the conversation (whether you are planning to contribute or not), use http://search.twitter.com or another application to search on Twitter for “#4Change”
- Jump in to the conversation by adding “#4Change” (without the “”) to your Twitter message
Rules for #Change Chats
- #4Change will be structured around a series of questions which all participants can respond to. Send your questions to @tomjd without the hash tag (to keep them out of the stream) to have them considered.
- Introduce yourself in 1 tweet at the start or when you join.
- Stay on topic!
- Stay cool.
Join us for the chat this Thursday – looking forward to discussing the role social media play in collaboration!