These are some links I wanted to share from July 8th. Find me on Delicious for more!
- Lights. Camera. Help. – Film Passes are now on Sale! – "Lights. Camera. Help. is a new nonprofit in Austin, Texas and it’s bringing you the first world wide film festival only for nonprofit and cause-driven organizations. On July 31st and August 1st at 7pm, Lights. Camera. Help. will screen the best of the over 130 documentaries, PSAs, shorts and feature length films submitted to the festival."
- Traveling Geeks – "The Traveling Geeks are an informal group of technology influencers and bloggers rooted chiefly in the San Francisco Bay Area. We're traveling to London and Cambridge in July 2009 as part of Innovation UK. We like to report on innovative technologies through blogs, video, podcasts and social networks."
- Facebook Users Are Getting Older. Much Older. – "Analytics company iStrategyLabs has examined the demographics stats from Facebook (Facebook)’s Social Ads platform, and they’ve reached some very interesting conclusions. Facebook’s userbase, as a whole, is getting much older very fast."
- Top 8 Social Media Tracking Tools – frogloop Home~Care2’s blog for nonprofits – frogloop – Allyson Kapin has a great post that lists 8 tools for tracking your social media impact. I love posts like this because I always find at least one new tool to play with and test!
- Nonprofits Employ Tougher Measures as Downturn Deepens: Bridgespan Survey Shows 41 Percent Turning to Layoffs, 33 Percent Reserve Draw-Downs, but Also Hope – MarketWatch – According to Bridgespan partner William Foster, "This survey highlights just how tough times really are. Ninety-two percent of nonprofits responding to the May 2009 survey indicated they were experiencing the effects of the downturn, up from 75 percent in November. Forty-nine percent reported that their financial situation had worsened, and the percentage of nonprofits reporting funding cuts has increased from 52 percent to 69 percent. Further, the percentage reporting cuts of more than 20 percent has increased from 13 percent to 24 percent."
Great reads from around the web on July 8th