These are some links I wanted to share from June 29th. Find me on Delicious for more!
- New SMS Services in Uganda from Grameen, Google & MTN | WhiteAfrican – Interested in new technologies, esepcially mobile tech and the health sector? Check out this great wrap up of the new applications and services launched by Grameen Foundation’s AppLab, developed in Uganda, using Google SMS Search and in partnership with MTN Uganda as the mobile operator. Thanks, White African!
- YouTube – All I Need is 2 Minutes: Tips for Wired Magazine – Are you looking for ways to diversify your next event? Want to be sure there are women represented on the panels of the next technology-related conference or event? Check out these great tips!
- Women’s eNews – Report: Women’s Philanthropy Outpaces the Pack – "Charitable giving by funds focused on girls and women rose faster between 2004 and 2006 than overall foundation support, finds a study released this week by the Foundation Center and the Women's Funding Network."
- Digital Britain report – "The Digital Britain Final Report is one of the central policy commitments in the Government’s Building Britain’s Future plan and draft legislative programme." This version of the report allows readers to comment and converse about issues in the report that matter most to you; and is only one of various ways created for people to connect and talk about the Digital Britain work. Learn more at http://digitalbritainforum.org.uk
- Competition or Collaboration? — Social Edge – Peter Deitz has a great piece on the Social Edge blog and has started a rich conversations in the topics. "This morning I googled the phrase “collaboration is a good thing,” and found 2,650 results. Then I googled “competition is a good thing,” and came up with 80,700 results." Join in!
Great reads from around the web on June 29th