We operate best together.
Working from this premise, this travel documentary project seeks to answer the question:
How is global social change made where media, technology and creative people meet?
Through blog posts, photos and web video, Morgan Sully, will document the stories of creative, innovative communities found in European galleries, international events, meetups, barcamps, fabrication labs, and innovation competitions.
I want to learn and ’share back’ as much as possible so that other groups doing similar things can do it together.
Other key questions include:
- How is community-based innovation related to economic development?
- How do artists, entrepreneurs and other ‘creatives’ support themselves doing the work they do?
- How do creative communities, spaces and networks support and sustain innovation?
After a generous grant from the Center For Digital Storytelling, Morgan has already gotten his ticket over and is looking for further funding (in between working on some other, paying web projects) to support the trip.
Want to help Morgan do this? Here’s how (in order of importance):
- Make a pledge to the Kickstarter campaign now.
- Share this post with anyone you know
- Write to him! – Let Morgan know of any cool places worth checking out in England, Holland or Norway. And of course, you can just write to say hello, too!
- Tweet about it: (using this link: http://bit.ly/3Y50fV)
- Blog about the project (you can even grab a widget for your blog post)
- Share the campaign on Facebook
- Join the We Operate Best Together Facebook Fan page
And of course read more about the project here: http://travel.memeshift.com