These are some links I wanted to share from June 9th. Find me on Delicious for more!
- Reboot Britain – David Wilcox, Andy Gibson and I are going to faciliate another round of the Social by Social Game at Reboot Britain – I'm really looking forward to the innovative ideas groups come up with! I'm also looking forward to the rest of the day as a participant and not just a facilitator. If you are going to be in London July 6 – check this out! You can also follow it online at @RebootBritain and elsewhere.
- Youth Taking Action: A 15 Year Old Invents the Future – Check out this interview with Javier Fernández-Han who just won the Invent Your World Challenge from Ashoka's Youth Venture and the Lemelson Foundation for his innovative answer to the need for a system that can "improve the quality of life in a village by providing the basic necessities of food, sanitation, energy-fuel, and income in an environmentally sustainable and technologically appropriate fashion."
- onion network – "The onion network is an international mixture of socially aware freelancers and companies. Our aim is to help groundbreaking non-profit organisations with their work, communication strategies and advertising."
- Look beyond the label – Refugee week 2009 – Interested in light-weight online campaigns that can really get people's attention and start conversations? Check out this example from Refugee Week that asks supporters to change their profile pictures on their online profiles to show solidarity and spread the message.
- Social Networks Around the World – Check out this great visualization of users on social networks around the world from ReadWriteWeb. The way we choose tools based on our networks/friends' choice is really clear when you map it like this!
Great reads from around the web on June 9th