These are some links I wanted to share from June 8th. Find me on Delicious for more!
- How Twitter Will Change the Way We Live – TIME – There's a great article in Time about Twitter, and what the community of Twitter users has done to make the tool more than first meets the eye. "In short, the most fascinating thing about Twitter is not what it's doing to us. It's what we're doing to it."
- A conceptual model of value for social media | Juice Digital – Check ou thte "4 Cs" model developed by Gaurav Mishra: Content, Collaboration, Community and Collective Intelligence, as an example of the progression of what kind of value you can create online for your organization and the larger community.
- The Buzz Bin » Livingston Communications – Check out this great list of 200 social change blogs! If you're looking to find a new blog to add to your reading list, there are more than enough here to find one new to you!
- Twitter’s Ten Rules For Radical Innovators – Umair Haque – HarvardBusiness.org – Check out this great list of 10 Rules for Radical Innovators based on the changes Twitter has helped affect on the way we communicate and innovate. My favorite: Ideals beat strategies. Finally, we've learned that making money is not the only value we can create.
- HopePhones.org | Old phones save lives. Donate yours to a medical clinic in a developing country today – "HopePhones, a new campaign, launched today that enables anyone to provide health services to those in the developing world – by donating your old cell phones! The HopePhones campaign is a project of a nonprofit organization, FrontlineSMS:Medic that uses mobile technology to empower rural healthcare networks in the developing world. FrontlineSMS:Medic is also an N2Y4 Featured Project!" – Joe Solomon
- Using PeopleBrowsr for NetSquared | NetSquared, an initiative of TechSoupGlobal.org – Jean Russell has a terrific post about using a tool called PeopleBrowsr to monitor all the conversations and content emerging from the N2Y4 Conference. "Enrich your experience of the N2Y4 conference by getting the information you want from the social media streams. Try using Peoplebrowsr.com in the following 5 ways, and then adjust to fit your taste and needs."
Great reads from around the web on June 8th