These are some links I wanted to share from May 14th. Find me on Delicious for more!
- New ‘WSJ’ Conduct Rules Target Twitter, Facebook – The Wall Street Journal circulated a newly compiled list of "professional conduct" covering social media, social networking, and so on. Take a look at their entire list!
- 10 Ways to Change the World Through Social Media – Max Gladwell has a guest post at Mashable: "Our children will inherit a world profoundly changed by the combination of technology and humanity that is social media. They’ll take for granted that their voices can be heard and that a social movement can be launched from their laptop. And they’ll take for granted that they are connected and interconnected with hundreds of millions of people at any given moment."
- Techcafeteria Blog » The ROI on Flexibility – Peter Campbell has a great blog post addressing the common reality inside foundations and nonprofit organizations when it comes to IT management: total lockdown. Does limiting the internet and computing options of your organization's staff actually limit what they could be doing to deliver on your mission?
- Traveling Geeks – The Traveling Geeks are an informal group of technology influencers and bloggers rooted chiefly in the San Francisco Bay Area who are traveling to London and Cambridge in July 2009 as part of Innovation UK. Follow them at tg2009.com!
- http://www.lightscamerahelp.com/ – "Lights. Camera. Help., the premiere film festival exclusively for nonprofit and grassroots organizations, officially opened its submission process last Thursday." The submission deadline is June 30th so get your video in today!
Great reads from around the web on May 14th