Social Actions has created an open database of 60,000+ actions from 40+ sites — including GlobalGiving, Change.org, DonorsChoose.org, Kiva.org, NABUUR, TakingITGlobal, Idealist.org, and VolunteerMatch. Through a search engine, Open Actions XML micro-format, an open API, and third-party tools and widgets, you can find and share ways to get involved in the causes you care about.
Social Actions’ Change the Web Challenge is about building innovative tools to help people find and share opportunities to take action on the websites, blogs, and social networks that we all visit everyday. Next time inspiration strikes you to make a difference, the opportunities to take action will be but one click away.
- Peter Deitz, founder of Social Actions, will present his vision for an open philanthropic web
- Romina Oliverio will explain how you can help the Change The Web Challenge
- Learn about the Open Actions XML micro format, and how you can use it
- Test-drive submitted applications to the Change The Web Challenge
- Hack away on existing or new widgets, tools, and mashups
- Brainstorm opportunities for online campaigners
PS: Perfect for early arrivals to the Ecampaigning Forum, or those in Oxford, or around London after BarCampLondon