These are some links I wanted to share from March 18th. Find me on Delicious for more!
- About Us | Overview | UX Test Kitchen – "The UX Test Kitchen is a nonprofit interactive agency providing free website and media development to other nonprofits. Our staff comes from various companies – such as Razorfish, Time Inc., Kern+Lead, The Associated Press, and Harvard – in a collaborative effort to bring an agency-level presence to nonprofits."
- MAKE: Blog: Tweet-a-watt – our entry for the Core77 & Greener Gadgets design competition – "Using "off-the-shelf hardware", we have modified a Kill-a-Watt(TM) power meter to "tweet" (publish wirelessly) the daily KWH consumed to the user's Twitter account (Cumulative Killowatt-hours). We are releasing this project as an "Open source hardware" project – in other words, anyone can make these, modify them and make a commercial product from the ideas and methods."
- CHARITY SMACKDOWN:: Celebrities Compete, Charities Win www.charitysmackdown.com – Check out this interesting social fundraising campaign: "Each of the Smackdown Teams have from March 16th to March 26th to raise as much money as possible for the causes listed below."
- The Razoo March Goodness Contest – $16,500 in Grants to Non-profits and Prizes for Fundraisers – Razoo.com is currently running a Fundraising Contest, called March Madness, where non-profits stand to win $16,000.00 in cash for their organizations! Check it out!
- IdealistNews – New partnership with Idealist.org and Reddit has created the IdealistNews site where you can see some of the hot news items in the nonprofit sector.
Great reads from around the web on March 18th