These are my links for February 10th through February 11th:
- Nonprofit SOS: Advertising on nonprofit websites? – With the economic down-turn, organizations (for profit and nonprofits) are looking at new ways to bring in additional funding and advertising online is an option many are discussing. Kristen Denzer provides an honest view why nonprofits shouldn't sell advertising on their websites.
- The Nonprofit Quarterly – Promoting Spirited Nonprofit Management – Nonprofits and Philanthropy: Scenario I – An Interview with Kelvin Taketa and Chris Van Bergeijk – "Even before the financial crisis began to unfold, the Hawaii Community Foundation realized that it had lapsed into philanthropic habits that might be counterproductive. So it opted to try a different way. The attached interview describes its experiment — which is still ongoing — in building grantmaking from the collective intelligence of community activists."
- Have Fun • Do Good: 6 Ways to Use the Web to Find a Nonprofit Job – Britt Bravo has a great run down on using social media tools in your job search – seems to be a topic on a lot of people's minds!
- The Future of Branded Content Conference | Social Media Explorer – Jason has a great post about content. I think it is tremendously important that we (nonprofit staff and those advising nonprofits) remember that it doesn't matter which networks you are on, or how many friends you have, unless you have something valuable to say.
- One of the Web’s First Social Networkers – BusinessWeek – Beth Kanter is featured by BusinessWeek! Beth is a leader and an expert and a wonderful person; it's great to see her work and the Sharing Foundation in the spotlight. Congrats, Beth!
Great reads from February 10th through February 11th