These are some links I wanted to share from January 8th. Find me on Delicious for more!
- The Raiser’s Razor: Resources for Tracking Policy Changes re: Nonprofits – Here's a post that answers the question, "What resources (journals, subscription services, websites etc.) are available for learning about administrative (government) and judicial decisions affecting the operation of non-profits?"
- Seeking Grant Money Today: Nonprofit New Year’s Resolutions That Will Make Your Nonprofit A Better One… – If you're looking for some prompts on evaluating strategies and practices, here are some great questions and ideas to consider.
- About My Twitter Hiatus – Jeremiah Owyang suggests some ways to consider how you are using social media: "You should think about the following questions: how has the environment around you changed? how was technology changed? what’s your goal? Are you using the tools in the right way to meet these three questions? You have limited inventory (time) and the world is always changing, are you sure you’re investing your resources in the right way? There’s nearly unlimited tools out there, take the time to think it through."
- Mission Creep | Neil Williams » Blog Archive » Four methods and 40 free tools for listening… continued – Check out some tools to help you find the conversations online and listen to have others are saying.
- Web Geeks For Social Change – Check out this new blog focused on how nonprofits can use social media.
- Beth’s Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media: What, Why, and How of Facebook Pages: An Expertise Roundup from Mari Smith, Jesse Stay, Collin Douma, and Others – Is your organization using Facebook? If so, have you considered or chosen a Group or Page? What are the differences? What's your experience been?
Great reads from January 8th