The 31-Day Comment Challenge, from Michele Martin, Sue Waters, Kim Cofino, and Silvia Tolisano, and others. The goal is to help and encourage all of us to become better commenters all over the blogosphere. See Michele’s post for some additional information.
DAY 1- The Self-Audit
For this activity, do the following:
1. Answer the following questions:
- How often do you comment on other blogs during a typical week?
- Do you track your blog comments? How? What do you do with your tracking?
- Do you tend to comment at the same blogs or do you try to comment on at least one new blog per week?
2. Now review Gina Trapani’s Guide to Blog Comments and ask yourself how well you’re doing in each of the different areas. Are there any specific areas where you think you need to do some work? What do you want to do to address these issues?
DAY 2 – Comment on a New Blog
This one is pretty straight forward: leave a comment on a new blog. This doesn’t have to be a blog you’ve never read, just a blog you have yet to comment on. Opening the door to more rounded conversations with someone you are obviously interested in following, or else why do you keep reading the blog? 🙂
I am excited to watch as this 31 days of exploring commenting opens up. I will miss out on the next two weeks but hope to get back into when I return! Be sure to follow along with it through Michele’s blog or someone else’s and see if you can expand your commenting and the comments you receive! Good luck and let me know how it goes!